Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Quick Updates

In chronological order:
  • Faced my first big huge failure in my work-life last week, when I failed an important exam. It was the first time I was seeing the words "FAIL" on a report card, and I cannot describe what it feels like. All I know is it still hurts, and will continue to prick my conscience and lighten my sleep until I clear it on my second attempt.
  • The same day brought me news of qualifying into the finals of a contest at my workplace. This required my team to travel and stay at Hyderabad from Friday through Monday. This contest will is somewhat like the show The Apprentice, where a team is required to analyze a case study and present solutions. This is a 6-week contest, and we will have to be at Hyderabad until we get eliminated from further rounds.
Lost my credit and debit cards and all the cash I had at a mall in Hyderabad on Saturday. I have no idea how the week could have been any worse. Hunted for 2 hours thereafter and made a hundred calls to freeze my account. I'm grateful to my teammates for my survival thereafter.
  • .. I'm ill. My very second day at Hyderabad, and I've been ill for the 4th day now. The timing is awful, for people react very bad at this moment. Almost as if you could not have any other flu in the world. I don't know myself, nor does the doctor I saw today. We can only pray it's nothing troublesome. Today was also my first day off work since I joined, thanks to the rules at all offices that require you to stay at home if you have any symptoms or the appearance (read: my red eyes , sniffs and cough) and likelihood of causing panic at work.
  • Got my 8th semester results an hour ago, and I have passed with distinction.
All this in just the past 6 days..

4 comments:

Nenlos said...

The only thing left to round up such a week is for you to either die or get married.

Nepharius said...

@Nenlos: LOL! I'm pushing for the latter, really, despite what you might think. :P

@Jan: You need Twitter. Ok, I can't believe I said that. Nvm. Stick to this medium.

krithika said...

that is quite a lot of things!my intuition tells me its not the swine flu..n u know my intuitions good :)

silversplash said...

Nenlos NAAYE - find me the guy. I'm not dead yet.

Nepharius - Twitter is too fast for my tastes. :P I prefer proper, detailed accounts of my business dealings in the form of this blog. :P

Kattoooo - I know your intuitions are brilliant in couple-spottings. :D